Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > mango/peach extract????

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
Gordzilla
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default mango/peach extract????

i was grocery shopping today and saw this wondering if it would be an alright substitution for a mango puree?

http://www.meijer.com/s/favorit-swis...-ea/_/R-176835

i didnt buy any but was looking to add some mango flavoring to an IPA i have going right now

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
Oldsock
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 139 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I've used 100% raspberry jam to good effect in a stout before, it has a more "cooked" fruit flavor that I like in darker beers. If you want mango flavor I would use something that has mango higher than the 4th ingredient:

■Ingredients: Peach, Sugar, Dextrose, Mango Puree, Glucose Syrup, Fruit Pectin, Citric Acid. Fruit Content: 52%.

I really enjoyed the Cigar City mango IPA, which apparently was “Cask conditioned on dry hops, mango acai tea, and a hint of lavender.” Which i have to suspect is: http://www.celestialseasonings.com/p...i-mango-zinger

Check out The Mad Fermentationist for my adventures in fermentation and my book: American Sour Beers!

Old 03-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
boostsr20
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Yeah, you'll probably get a little more peach than mango just by looking at the ingredients but I'd use it personally.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
Gordzilla
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i might try this product at a later date i decided just to go with fresh cut mangos that i froze to kill bacteria then racked my ipa ontop of the mango chunks...no sure how im getting them out of the carboy yet but they are in there...hahaha the flavoring of the mangos was amazing as i had to try some before adding to my brew, ill keep you posted how it comes out and booster maybe when its done you can try one at homebrew nights

Old 03-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
boostsr20
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Looking forward to it.

Quick Reply