*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Mango beer - dried fruit or concentrated juice?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
sathrovarr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Default Mango beer - dried fruit or concentrated juice?

Hi,
My friend asked me if I can make a mango beer,
So I've looked up for a recipe and found out that some use dried mango during the brewing and some use fresh fruits in the secondary, so my question is what is better?
Also, I think about using concentrated mango juice (that is made from real mangos and no additives), so I wanted to ask how to use? 1 concentrated juice cup is used for 0.4 gallons of water to make a juice, so should I use it the same in the beer?
Also, I wanted to ask what is the best base recipe to go with? should it be wheat beer? pale ale? amber ale?

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
lilsparkee
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathrovarr View Post
Hi,
My friend asked me if I can make a mango beer,
So I've looked up for a recipe and found out that some use dried mango during the brewing and some use fresh fruits in the secondary, so my question is what is better?
Also, I think about using concentrated mango juice (that is made from real mangos and no additives), so I wanted to ask how to use? 1 concentrated juice cup is used for 0.4 gallons of water to make a juice, so should I use it the same in the beer?
Also, I wanted to ask what is the best base recipe to go with? should it be wheat beer? pale ale? amber ale?

Thanks
We made a mango IPA, using mango puree in secondary. Used one 40 ounce can per 5 gallon batch.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
usfmikeb
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 234 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'd advocate for using the juice over the dried fruit, for a lot of reasons. For example, dried fruit often tastes different than fresh fruit, dried fruit often has more chemicals, etc.

Quick Reply