Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Magic Hat Kerouac Recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
drumike102
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Magic Hat Kerouac Recipe

This may be a long shot but I had this beer at the brewery and at the extreme beer fest that I went to and since then I believe they have stopped making it. Wondering if anyone has a recipe for it. Id really love to make it if possible.

Magic Hat Kerouac

I believe its made with beets

thanks guys

Primary: Belgian Double IPA experiment
Secondary: empty
Up Next: Stone Cali-Belgie Clone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2008, 08:41 PM   #2
blacklab

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Please post some reasons and/or and evaluation as to why this tasted good.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
brewt00l
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That beer was here and gone so fast that it must have been a spectacular flop...I would start off with shooting the brewery an email and see if they can give you any specifics on the recipe. Descriptions I have read don't really sound like anything I would bother trying to copy....

"It pours a very bright red that looks more like some kind of juice that would come from an empty jar of cherries. It does not look like beer. It was at this point that we figured out that it truly was a "beet ale". The smell is almost non-existant; it is a very slight cherry (or we suppose beet) smell, but very slight. The rest of the smell is a bitter malt. The taste doesn't offer very much in the way of blowing our proverbial skirt up. There is that same bitter Bavarian malt taste that the smell foretold, but really not much else. It's almost like a winter ale, but without any of that tart sweetness whatsoever. And although the feel of the ale is a relatively welcome creamy viscosity, the drinking experience overall is simply dull. Ironically, because the beer is so bland and inoffensive, it's actually a pretty easy drinkin' brew. Still, Kerouac Beet Ale seems a long way to go for a pun."

http://jbojangles.blogspot.com/2007/...t-kerouac.html

Quick Reply