Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Mad Alchemist: Hazelmocha Cream Stout (Dry)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2010, 03:35 AM   #1
Hop
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Default Mad Alchemist: Hazelmocha Cream Stout (Dry)

I have two versions of this recipe. One is almost a Dry Stout turned toward Sweet Stout, and the other is pure Sweet Stout. This is the recipe for my Hazelmocha Cream Stout (Dry). It’s a dark, sweet, full-bodied, and deceptively dry sweet stout with chocolate, coffee, and hazelnut flavors due in large part to additions in the secondary.

I'm assuming people know how to brew if they're looking at the recipe, so I really don't explain the process at all (plus I don't want to give away too many of my secrets). That said, I list all of my ingredients, a general water profile, and a target beer profile, so it shouldn't be too hard to put it all together into your own version of my recipe.

The recipe can be found below or at my website here: Mad Alchemist: Hazelmocha Cream Stout (Dry)

Ingredients

• Maris Otter (7 lbs)
  • Caramel/Crystal Malt 40L (2 lbs)
  • Chocolate Malt (12 oz)
  • Roasted Barley (3 oz)
  • Lactose (1 lb)
  • Hops: East Kent Goldings
  • Yeast: Irish Ale
  • Water: Residual Alkalinity (~200), Bicarbonate (~250), 2 to 1 Chloride/Sulfate

Ingredients in Secondary
  • Cacao Nibs (8 oz)
  • Hazelnuts/Filberts (8 oz)
  • Coffee Beans (8 oz)

Target Profile
  • Original Gravity: 1.054
  • Final Gravity: 1.014
  • Color: 38 SRM
  • Bitterness: 20 IBU
  • Alcohol: 5.22%
  • Carbonation: 2.0 Volumes

Please do not republish this recipe without giving me credit and linking to the recipe on my site. Thanks!

Hop the Mad Alchemist

Last edited by Hop; 03-01-2010 at 03:38 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply