Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Looking For Recipe Similar to Cold Hop

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
joesixpack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Looking For Recipe Similar to Cold Hop

I tried the Cold Hop from the Boulder Beer Company over the weekend and like it a bunch and thought it would be great to try and make something similar. I have no clue how to start.

Cold Hop British-Style Ale is a unique ale with a rich golden hue. Its pleasantly fruity, floral hop aroma and earthy flavor perfectly balance the mild sweetness of the English grains, resulting in a refreshing, yet high-gravity British-Style ale.

Any suggestions/recipes on how make something similar to this?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
Oldsock
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 145 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Here is another post where someone pulled a bit of info off their website and put a recipe together:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/any-ideas-boulder-brewing-cold-hop-clone-196706/

I'd probably go easier on the honey malt (it adds a lot of sweetness). I'd also use the Hercules (or another highish AA% hop) for bittering and add the rest closer to the end of the boil.

Good luck.

Check out The Mad Fermentationist for my adventures in fermentation and my book: American Sour Beers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply