New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Looking for a Recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 01:14 AM   #1
demonic2020
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Looking for a Recipe

Evening all brewers.

I've searched hi and low but I've been unsuccessful in finding the recipe I'm looking for. Has anyone has come across a good clone recipe for steam whistle. This is one of my favorite pilsner and i would love to make this at home. It's from a microbrewery in Toronto. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Darcy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
Oldsock
Recipes 

Liked 109 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Pilsner is one of those styles that is tough to replicate exactly since there isn't a huge variation in recipes (a lot of it is process, yeast handing etc...). The reviews make it sound like it is on the less hoppy side, I keep seeing “floral” mentioned (maybe Sterling?).

You can try contacting them to see if they'll give you any help, or you can find a pils recipe that sounds close brew it, and then tweak and rebrew from there.

Hope that helps a little, good luck!

Check out The Mad Fermentationist for my adventures in fermentation (cheese, bread, ginger beer plant, and of course plenty of funky beer).

Old 07-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
bruceadam
Recipes 

Ive been searching for the same recipe myself, with out any luck. Let me know if you find anything

Old 07-30-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
demonic2020
Recipes 

will do I'm actually thinking about contacting them to see if they will give me any info. Very doubtful but it's worth a shot.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
slowbie
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonic2020
will do I'm actually thinking about contacting them to see if they will give me any info. Very doubtful but it's worth a shot.
You'd be surprised. Most brewers know that a recipe on it's own won't make great beer without good technique. A lot of prominent beers have their recipes floating around the interwebs direct from the brewer. Just a couple weeks ago I emailed Avery asking about duganA's hop schedule and they sent me back a full recipe.

Some brewers aren't so forthcoming, but in my experience they are in the minority, and I've never heard of any brewer that won't give any help whatsoever.

TL;DR: it never hurts to ask.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:23 AM   #6
bruceadam
Recipes 

I sent them an email, only they came back with that sort of exact information is confidential but most my questions could be answered on a tour to learn more.

I guess I'll keep searching!

Quick Reply