Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Looking for "New Holland Four Witches" Black Saison recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
dbals
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Looking for "New Holland Four Witches" Black Saison recipe

So I recently had this beer and really loved it and would like to make something similar. I tried emailing the brewer and all the info I got was that it is heavily spiced and fermented about 10 degrees warmer than their other beers. I've never had a black saison before so it's hard to compare.

from their website (http://newhollandbrew.com/blog/beer-news/four-witches-black-saison/):
15° Plato, Alc. 7.3% by Vol.
"The Four Witches art, illustrated by Kyle Bice, develops on Golden Cap’s theme, with a nod to Wizard of Oz, as L. Frank Baum wrote the book while summering in Holland, MI. White and dark roasted wheat provide deceptively delicious body, and a playful reference to Oz’s contrast between good and wicked witches. Caramel rye and barley continue the story, along with a unique yeast character and mild spicing."

Thanks guys,
Dan

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
beergolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 365 Times on 298 Posts
Likes Given: 115

I have never had that brew, but I recently did a black saison that came out great. I used 8 oz of Midnight wheat and just added it to a regular saison recipe. Fermented it with 3724 at 90 degrees.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply