Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Looking to brew something close to Aviator West Coast Hot Rod Red

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #1
jbboater
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Looking to brew something close to Aviator West Coast Hot Rod Red

We had this on a tour a few months ago and we really liked this beer. I would like to do something close to this as my first AG. I am new to brewing so trying to reverse engineer a beer is beyond my skills.

What I know.

For their Hot Rod Red ( classic Irish red)

Label lists malts as 2-row Pale, Crystal 80L, Munich White Wheat, and Roasted Barley.

Hops Cascade, Centennial, East Kent Goldings

IBU 48 SRM 15 6.1 abv

The west coast version only adds "We made our HotRod Red a little bit hoppier using West Coast hops to try something different"

I apologize if this is a basic question but I do not have any idea where to start as to arrive to amounts of each.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply