Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > LME sub for golden promise malt?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
iluv2brew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Default LME sub for golden promise malt?

Hello,
I've been brewing for a couple of years now, but still haven't made the jump to all grain.
I have a recipe that only calls for 20 lbs of Golden promise malt and 1/4 lb. of roasted barley. Since there is only two types of malt and the roasted barley looks to be more for color than flavor, what could I use in a LME or DME? Is this even possible and yet retain the flavors that using whole grain would bring to the beer?
This is for a scottish ale, and in the in the recipe it calls for boiling down one gallon from the first run off of the wort until it is thick and about a pint. This gets added at the end of the boil.
I want the flavor to be as close as possible to the all grain version.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply