leftover ingredients and an itch to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewgineers

Reaction score
Long story short is I bought in bulk and have a handful of things left over that I am itching to use. I have .5 lb crystal grain, .5 lb carapils grain, and roughly 3 ounces of Willamette hops left. Just going to do a extract and buy some LME and yeast at my brew store but what kinda beer can be made out of these leftovers? I am down for trying any style I have a craving for brewing!!!

You could make an English style pale ale, or American pale ale, or an American amber.

Willamette is funny to me, because it's an American hop but with English parentage, so you could go either way with it.

I'd use light DME, the crystal and carapils, and hop with 2.00 ounces of willamette at 60 minutes, .50 at 15 minutes, and .5 ounce at flame out. English yeast at 70 degrees if you want a fruity English note, American yeast at 66 degrees for a clean "neutral" taste.

Like this:
.5 pound crystal (what color do you have? If it's light, you could do a pale ale, if it's darker, you could make an amber)
.5 pound carapils

6 pounds DME

2 ounces willamette 60 minutes
.5 ounce willamette 15 minutes
.5 ounce willamette 0

It's a little light on flavor/aroma additions with only a total of three ounces, but it'll do nicely!

Back