New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Leftover/Cabinet cleaning recipe...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 07:00 AM   #1
arrowgin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Leftover/Cabinet cleaning recipe...

So, i was brewing an extract Wheat yesterday, and after checking my supplies, i saw that i had a few odds and ends left over from various batches along the way.

So, my half drunk brain thought up a recipe

I have

.25lbs of Black Patent Malt (UK)
.75lbs of Roasted Barley
1lbs of Wheat DME
1 oz of Cascade pellet hops
1 package of Coopers ale yeast

That being said, on a 1 or 2 gallon batch, will i have something that will be drinkable at the very least? lol

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
chemnitz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That depends upon your tolerance for roasty flavors. I'm no expert, but I think that 3/4 lb. of roasted barley would be pretty darn assertive in a 5 gallon batch, and it would probably overwhelm a poor 1-2 gallon batch--not to mention black patent on top of it. On the other hand, this recipe will make beer. If you don't mind taking a large risk of wasting these ingredients, try it out and let us know what you think. If it were me, I'd go pick up a few more lbs. of DME and make a larger batch of more normal stout. Have fun!

"Das Wort hat, ... als ich Wittenbergisch Bier mit meinem Philipp und Amsdorf getrunken hab, also viel getan..." - Martin Luther

On Deck: American IPA, Märzen
Fermenting: None
In Bottles: Prime Abbey Singel, Vespers Abbey Dubbel, Terce Abbey Tripel, Compline Abbey Quad, Dragon's Tail Barleywine, Boyne Mead

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply