Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Lagunitas Daytime / Carton Boat Pale Ale Clone

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
ksharpesays
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Lagunitas Daytime / Carton Boat Pale Ale Clone

Greetings, I am trying to make a sort of hybrid of the two beers mentioned in the title: Carton Boat beer and Lagunitas Daytime IPA as a birthday gift for a friend.

I am semi-new to brewing so I have a few questions here as far as hop scheduling and if any of you have had the above beers, I would appreciate some feedback. Both beers are really light in color, very hoppy, citrusy (grapefruit).

I was able to pull the grain-bill already by converting an extract recipe for Daytime that I found on here. As far as hops go, I haven't found anything worthwhile. I know Lagunitas and Carton both like to use the C hops. Cascade, Citra, Centennial.

I am making a 10 gallon batch and I have the below amounts of hops at my disposal/to play with:

4 oz Centennial
4 oz Citra
6 oz Cascade
5 oz Magnum
5 oz German Opal

Any idea as to suggestions of what to add in what order/times, other hops to purchase and throw in would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
hypoboxer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I was at Carton the other day and there was mention of "a lot of late addition hops".

I'm sure this will help too http://beerstainedletter.blogspot.co...e-in-test.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply