Kotbüsser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UselessBrewing

Reaction score
I am looking for a recipe for Kotbüsser. Does anyone have one that they could recommend?
Kotbüsser. Traditonal brew from the region (county, province) of Germany now called "Cotbuss". Was behind Iron Curtain for a lot of the 20th century. Part wheat, part barley, part oats. Should have a head to eat with a spoon, with a sluggable beer under it. Should go great with Roquefort cheese, most berry based deserts, many smoked meats. Illegal to brew after Rheinheitsgebot 2° oats, wheat, small amounts of honey and molasses.

Any help would be appreciated! :mug:

Some of the greatest things are created out of necessity and oppression. I'd like to look into this if someone can provide some info. This is the first time I've heard of it, but it sounds great!

Wastegate said:
I am looking for a recipe for Kotbüsser. Does anyone have one that they could recommend? Any help would be appreciated! :mug:

21 days at 70°F.
21 days at 70°F.
21 days at 70°F.

Put that in the fridge Sunday (tomorrow) evening. Chill it 24 hours. If it is any good I will share the recipe. If it sucks, it didn't travel well and I'll re-think sending it in to SA Long shot. Kilted brewer in OR has a bottle coming too, as do some of my other hot rodders.

I will post my version in the recipe section if the reviews are good. If the traveled reviews are equivocal I may post my version any way, cause around the house this is some excellent cracker.

EDIT:

[YOUTUBE]FlBlnTfZ2iw[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks Poindexter
I look forward to drinking one of your beers...
Unfortunately my beer fridge/Kegerator/Lagerator is on the fritz and I have nothing but warm beer right now. Repairman will be here tonight to get it going again (I Hope). I have a Bohemian Pilsner lagering(Well not now) in there for the last 3 weeks.
It has only been warm (69deg) in there for two days. Should be ok!

Will keep you posted

I tried this today and all I have to say is WOW! I put a youtube video up for you to see. Sorry about the poor quality![YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DfdWLRvv-HI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DfdWLRvv-HI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
:rockin:

Sorry if I butchered the name of the beer! :drunk:

If you don't post the recipe please at least let me have it so I can make some! GOT TO HAVE MORE!

Back