*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Karl Strauss recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
grego2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Karl Strauss recipe

I have done a search and came up with nothing. I have also tried a couple of recipe sites and didn't find anything.
I am looking for an extract recipe. I had a Karl Strauss on tap at the San Diego airport and fell in love with that one. Not sure which one it was. But I have enjoyed all the different ones I tried so anything will work.
If I can't get anything, I will have to drive back down to San Diego and pickup a cuople of kegs!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2007, 05:02 AM   #2
grego2
Recipes 

BTT anyone?

Old 01-27-2007, 05:15 AM   #3
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 125 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I got nothing 4 ya man.

Do this.
http://www.karlstrauss.com/PAGES/Beer/Start_Beer.htm

If you can identify the beer, post the description. Example

Quote:
Stargazer I.P.A. is an English-style India Pale Ale that boasts citrus-like hop flavors beautifully balanced with medium-bodied maltiness. Large amounts of assertive Cascade and Chinook hops from the Pacific Northwest are added to the brew kettle at 3 stages to extract their grapefruit and pine-like flavors. We then add a mixture of Cascade and Centennial hops to the fermenter after fermentation is complete. This process, known as dry-hopping, gives the beer a full, flowery aroma. 14 SRM 40IBU 14 deg Plato 4.9 ABV

English-style India Pale Ale Pale 2 Row, White Wheat, Caramel 40 Cascade, Chinook,
Centennial Dry-hopped Golden Medium
bodied Citrus (grapefruit), floral, pine-like, very hoppy, fruity Dry, fruity,
pleasant hop bitterness
If it was in fact the IPA one of us can take a stab at it.

You gotta identify which one it was, though.

If it was the lager, you have to have the ability to achieve lager temps. Not an easy thing to do without a proper fermentation fridge.
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 01-07-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
holjim
Recipes 

Default Ancient Thread, I know!

If you had it at the airport, my guess is it was either the Red Trolley or the Amber Ale (do a search for Red Trolley here...there have been a couple of recipe attempts...I tried one and at the last moment, decided to Hazelnut it...which was really good actually!).

I am a huge fan of the Stargazer IPA and would love to take a stab at it. I'm about to go all grain so I may try a few "proven" recipes before rolling the dice but if anyone has attempted one I'd love to know what you came up with...

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo View Post
I got nothing 4 ya man.

Do this.
Our Beer

If you can identify the beer, post the description. Example

If it was in fact the IPA one of us can take a stab at it.

You gotta identify which one it was, though.

If it was the lager, you have to have the ability to achieve lager temps. Not an easy thing to do without a proper fermentation fridge.

Quick Reply