Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > isle of skye clone?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
greg2536
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default isle of skye clone?

Does anyone know of a recipe or a clone of Boscos Isle of Skye Scottish Ale. I was visiting my brother who lives in Memphis and we went by Boscos where I tried the Isle of Skye and it was verrrry good.
Greg

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2007, 11:07 PM   #2
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I couldn't find any good information on it. Since it's not bottled or widely distributed, I think it unlikely that anyone would have a clone of it.

I see two options for you.
1) Find a commercially bottled beer of that style and see if there is a clone and make the approprite adjustments.
2) Call up the brewery and ask. They may give you the recipe outright or at least tell you SRM, Grain bill, OG/FG, hop schedule and you can go from there.

Good luck.

Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 10-09-2007, 05:00 AM   #3
dmorris3333
Recipes 

Default Recipe Help

Greg,

I live in Little Rock and we have a Boscos here. Isle of Skye is one of my favorites of theirs. Below is what it says on the Boscos website:
Isle of Skye Scottish Ale

(1998 & 2003 Real Ale Festival Medal Winner)

Our Scottish Ale combines seven types of malt along with three varieties of hops to create a rich, full-bodied brew. A touch of vanilla brings all these flavors together.

Try it with our Gorgonzola Pear Salad or our Pork Chop!

O.G. 1066 I.B.U. 34

I don't know if that helps or not. You can e-mail Chuck Skypeck at Boscos and see if he'll give you a clue. He's the main brewer at Boscos and might be able to help you out. Good luck.

Darren

Quick Reply