Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Ingredient alternatives for beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #11
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2728 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

*whistles*

brewing in turkey

You might want to PM the creator of that thread and talk to him...

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #12
Revvy

Recipes 

Looks to be some homrebrewers on THIS forum as well...Might want to talk to them.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #13
Noz03
Recipes 

Likes Given: 11

Omg I stand very corrected... you really can find brewers from all parts of the world Will check it out, and if I find a good formula for brewing out of range from a brew shop I will definitely post back the results. Cheers.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #14
Revvy

Recipes 

So far I've yet to find someone who posted on here thinking they're were no other homebrewers where they were, who actually didn't have homebrewers around them. You just have to do some searching. I just found that info on plain old google. You just got to do some digging.

One thing that would help is if you put your location on your profile....so folks can actually see where you're from...that is how you make connections. You should have said that from the very first post.

People are out there, but you won't find them if you don't reach out yourself. Look on some Turkish boards. Look on some expat boards for folks living in Turkey. If there's no threads on that topic, sign up and start threads. Send emails to some of the brewing podcasts like basic brewing, maybe they'll give a shout out for you that you're looking for brewers near you. You never know.

I've found that on this big ole goofy world, especially now with virtually free instant global communications that when folks thing they are "terminally unique" in reality they really aren't......they just haven't reached out enough.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #15
Revvy

Recipes 

I just googles "expat homebrewers in turkey" and looky here!

http://yabangee.com/2012/04/cheers-to-expat-beer/

Here's an expat turkey forum, if there's not a thread there, start one.

Oh also, you have a couple breweries in turkey...contact them about buying ingredients from them...also find out if they know of any homebrewers/homebrew clubs....if they don't know of any, convince them to sponsor one. Or to sponsor a homebrewing contest...THAT will bring them out of the woodwork.

Quick Reply