Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Ideas for Chocolate Stout bottling

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
davidjenkins
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Ideas for Chocolate Stout bottling

Hi,

I have a chocolate stout in the fermentor at the moment and want to play around with some flavors when bottling.
So far I have thought of adding some mint essence to a couple of bottles and maybe some cinnamon to others.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what might taste great added to a chocolate stout and suggested quantities to add to bottles (350 ml)

Many Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #2
jonnyp1980
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I myself have never added extra flavor to an individual bottle but rather to a whole batch. Easier I guess for my brain I guess. Coffee. Vanilla. Hard liquor.
all goes well with a stout depending on your taste. As for a specific amount per bottle if it was me I'd take the amount I'd put in for a 5 gal or 10 gallon batch of say bourbon soaked in vanilla bean. And divide it by the ounces in one bottle. I'm sure there are example on here if you do a search. Good luck. The mint sounds good.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Homebrew...?feature=watch

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply