I need to match a beer style with yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildwest450

Reaction score
I couldn't tell you why I have this yeast, it's WLP007 Dry English Ale Yeast. I need to use it by the end of April. Any suggestions on a recipe or a style best suited for this strain??:drunk:

I'm pulling for the IPA. From White Labs: "This eliminates the residual sweetness, and makes the yeast well suited for high gravity ales. It is also reaches terminal gravity quickly. 80% attenuation will be reached even with 10% ABV beers." Sounds like a great Imperial IPA yeast to me.

I'm pulling for the IPA. From White Labs: "This eliminates the residual sweetness, and makes the yeast well suited for high gravity ales. It is also reaches terminal gravity quickly. 80% attenuation will be reached even with 10% ABV beers." Sounds like a great Imperial IPA yeast to me.

Or better, a British IPA or British Barleywine. Don't fear the A-B and D-Z hops, people! A British yeast is the perfect time to make a British style. :mug:

Wow...Stoutfan voted for an IPA???? Methinks he needs to rethink his name, the traitor...:D

Actually an imperial IPA sounds interesting...

I have to blame my cousin for that, he's turning me into a hop-head d@mn it! I love my darks, but from the WL description, it's calling for something big, maybe an Imperial IPA, it does not scream "dark" to me. I could be told and taught other wise though. :D

Its it too late to suggest Yooper's arrogant bastard clone? I used WLP007 (rumor has it that its Stone's yeast) and its really close (and very tasty).

Back