C-Rider
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoobarb View Post
I have plans to brew an ‘extract with grains’ version of this on Sunday (5/8) and had really wanted to try the real thing from Bear Republic. But I figured I’d never find it here in the Chicago area. Lo and behold, I found it at Sam’s Liquors in Downers Grove (my new favorite beer store) yesterday! Bought two bottles, along with a 4-pack of Dogfish Head 90-minute IPA. Have yet to try either – that will happen tonight!

I'll be substituting some of the hops in the recipe above with ones I have on hand - for example, Nugget for the Columbus, and Cascades for the Centennial. I’m also using White Labs' Dry English Ale (WLP007) yeast because, after this batch, I plant to brew an Imperial Russian Stout and want to rack it onto the yeast cake from this batch.

I’m really looking forward to sampling the real thing tonight and to see how my version of this turns out in a couple of month’s time!

************Epilogue************

Okay, I just had the Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye and all I can say is... MmmmBoyHowdee!!! This is one hoppy beer - I love it! Perfect for Summer, IMHO! I really like the Dogfish Head 90-minute IPA, too. But I probably made a mistake in having it after the Hop Rod Rye - it seems maltier, but a bit tamer in comparison.

My clone recipe is going for broke - according to QBrew, it's going to end up around 16 SRM's, 8.0% ABV, an OG/FG of 1.079/1.020 and 121 IBU's. I'll believe it when I see - er, taste it!
BUMP!
Rubarb, did you ever brew your extract Rye? How was it? Could you post recipe?

Kaiser Ridge Brewing
-------------------------
Fermenting: Maui Wowie(RobustCoffeePorter)
Conditioning Malahine Ale (Am Pale)
Bottled in the refer: OldGlory (Am Stout)
Bottled in the refer: GermanImperialStout
Bottled in the refer: NorthernBrownAle (GF)
Bottled in the refer: German IPA
Bottled in the refer: KonaCoffeeDryStout
Bottled in the refer: Düsseldorf Altbier

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 06:11 AM   #22
Erroneous
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts

I know this is an old thread but...

I brewed this last year and was quite happy with the results. This year I plan on doing it again only this time doing partigyle. For the second batch I plan on doing an oktoberfest with 1 oz hallertau for 60, 0.5 for 30 and 10. I plan on adding up to 5 lb of munich LME to get to the desired OG of around 1.050. This will be my first partigyle brew, and I was thinking it'd be about 70% eff for the first batch and then maybe 20% for the second. If I'm off on it then I have extract to go with anyway.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply