Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Hugh Baird Pilsen Malt

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 08:47 PM   #1
Bokonon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default Hugh Baird Pilsen Malt

Has anyone used Hugh Baird Pilsen malt? I'm getting a sack of it from my LHBS since the Weyermann Pilsener malt that I usually take would take a bit longer to get in since they just received an order from the company they would normally get it from and won't be placing another order for a few weeks.

I suspect its a quality malt, I've used their Maris Otter before and it was very good.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
Glibbidy

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Although I have never used their pilsen, I suspect You'll be fine. Aside from MO I use the Hugh Baird Crystal, chocolate and black malt all the time.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:32 PM   #3
Bokonon
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I'm sure I'll be fine too

I'm just curious how it compares to the Weyermanns that I'm used to. I guess I'll have to make up a batch of something I still have some of the old of and compare. After the comparison if everything else is equal, I'll probably start buying whichever I can get the cheapest

Quick Reply