How's This Look?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadYetiBrew

Reaction score
How's this look guys, I'm making a wheat beer and i'm going to rack it over some fruit in secondary... Never done a wheat beer so i'm wondering how well i did.

4 lbs Light or Amber DME
4 lbs Wheat DME
1/2 Chocolate Malt
1 oz Strisselspalt Hops (45 minutes)
1/2 oz Amarillo (last 10-15 minutes)
German Wheat Ale Yeast

Not real familiar with LME or DME... 8 lbs is that alot of DME? Also, I was told that wheat DME is generally about 50-60 wheat, so you are looking at only about 25% of your malt being actual wheat. Is that what you were hoping for? Again, I have never used extract, so I may not know what the heck I am talking about!

Brewpilot

This was just a starting point... It was actually suppose to be more of a WeizenBock rather than Dunkel... Several recipes i looked at had DME ranging from equal parts at 8 lbs to equal parts at 10 and varying degrees. Maybe I'll up the wheat up to about 5 and take the light or amber down by 1 or just add two to the wheat... I've never made wheat beer so i'm not sure about the measurements of the extract at all.

I'm not sure on the Chocolate, i may leave it out entirely...

Back