Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > How long are grains good?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
kjung
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default How long are grains good?

I've got a few bags of grain, some still sealed and the rest in zip-lock bags, that are anywhere from one to two years old. They are still uncrushed (except for the flaked wheat, of course).
Are they still good? If so, how much longer?

Be careful what you wish for, friend, 'cause I've been to Hell, and now I'm back again- Steve Earle

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-
Albert Einstein

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"- Einstein, again

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
Willie3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Take a few kernels and taste them. If they taste ok to you use them. If they taste stale, make an old ale with them and order fresh.

If they taste good then they should be good to go. Same with hops.

WW

Willie3

NJ HOPZ - North Jersey Homebrewers Organization of Praciticing Zymurgisits

FINAL GRAVITY PODCAST PERSONALITY

I brew therefor I am!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply