Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > How does this look?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2010, 11:20 PM   #11
electric_beer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Dude, get down to the water store and just fill your carboys with water to brew with. Sure you'll have to play with the water profile a bit, but at 25cents a gallon WHY WOULD YOU EVER STOP?! Heck, even store bought gallons aren't more than a $1.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2010, 11:27 PM   #12
klug
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

tis a bit different around here hondo lol. A gallon of water is almost 2.50

also I'm a bit lazy with my sanitizing. I fill tubs with a water and bleach mix to sanitize my bottles. It's not the brewing that is expensive its the 60 gallons of sanitizing water that gets expensive lol. I'm sure there is a better way and I'm sure I will brew something again right after this lol.

Last edited by klug; 08-08-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:19 AM   #13
electric_beer
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Ahhh I see. Well, first you should REALLY consider kegging. Then once you mix your star stans you can keep it in the keg until you are ready to fill it. Take the star sans fill it in another container, fill keg per usual and then add the star sans to the bucket after a good scrub. Least that's what I do for a few brews then get a new solution going. Water is pretty spendy where you are from, but you should still be able to brew cheap enough that its less than the $8 a six pack you'd spend at a liquor mart.

But then again, I'm obsessed with brewing so I'll pretty much find any way to do things efficiently and cheaply to keep me brewing!

Recipe looks good though.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:31 AM   #14
klug
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Yeah I am really trying to move to kegging. It just seems like such an expense being about $300 to start! I know nothing about it to boot lol.

Quick Reply