Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > how about a masala mama clone?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #11
deepsouth
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 36

years later and i'd still like to brew this as well!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #12
Joker_on_Jack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Update

I was at Town Hall on the 4th and got to talking about the Mama with the bar tender. I guess the grain bill is pretty standard for an IPA; 2-row some light crystal and I am guessing a little oats. Town hall works with white labs and uses their yeast for their house strain. Its gotta be WLP005 British ale. Now to hops... I asked if they had changed the hop schedule since their current offering on their website is :
Amarillo
Cascade
Centennial
Mt. Hood
Citra
HBC 342

They have been making mama for some time and HBC 342 is a new player. Anyway I think there must be a full spectrum of hop techniques with this one from first wort hop, a hop stand, and nice size dry hop.

This and Lagunitas Sucks are my two favorite IPAs. I think I may combine these two projects and come up with a good multi hop pain the arse brew...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply