Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Hops Direct just put up 2012 Crop

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #21
saufen
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

any chance they will have more available tomorrow, or more likely, next friday? In all reality I should probably just buy 12 oz from williams, the cost is probably worth it so I can instead rdwhahb

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #22
Montanaandy
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 73

While I love Puterbaugh Farms/HD and have ordered many, many lbs of hops from them, this year with the "lottery mentality" has really turned me off. In years past, there was not this frenzy to order hops and you did not have to spend your day on line waiting for the opportunity to order. Curiously they are not offering imported pellet hops such as Nelson, Galaxy, etc. which they have in the past. I'm a big fan of the big 3 (Amarillo, Citra, Simcoe) but I also know that there are many other hops out there such as the Aussie & NZ hops as well as US hops designed to bridge the shortage (7C's, Falconers Flight, etc.) that are great hops in their own right.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #23
TacoBrew
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This saddens me....

Old 11-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #24
dbrewski
This is my User Title
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I was one of the lucky ones last night and got some Citra and Amarillo, plus some other pellets I've been meaning to grab (yes Belma was one of them). All the hops I got from them last year were fantastic, really fresh, but this year I placed my main order from Labelpeelers. They allowed you to preorder basically unlimited quantities of Citra, Amarillo, Simcoe, you name it (OK I did not test the "unlimited quantities" thing, but I did not see a limit). It will be my first order from them but this is really the way to do it. I can't blame hopsdirect.com for getting the biggest bang for their buck but I don't like the "lottery" system either.

And when Citra came online they only had 160lbs total. It went so fast there is no way you could have ordered twice.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #25
BryanJ
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaandy View Post
While I love Puterbaugh Farms/HD and have ordered many, many lbs of hops from them, this year with the "lottery mentality" has really turned me off.
The same thing happened last year, I was 4 hours late from when they put their hops for sale and missed out on citra and amarillo. This is nothing new, you just missed out on the popular hops.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #26
PseudoChef

Recipes 

Liked 102 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaandy View Post
While I love Puterbaugh Farms/HD and have ordered many, many lbs of hops from them, this year with the "lottery mentality" has really turned me off. In years past, there was not this frenzy to order hops and you did not have to spend your day on line waiting for the opportunity to order. Curiously they are not offering imported pellet hops such as Nelson, Galaxy, etc. which they have in the past. I'm a big fan of the big 3 (Amarillo, Citra, Simcoe) but I also know that there are many other hops out there such as the Aussie & NZ hops as well as US hops designed to bridge the shortage (7C's, Falconers Flight, etc.) that are great hops in their own right.
Citra was sold out in a matter of hours (not minutes, like this year) last year.

And they will have the imported hops, just keep checking back. Farms have just finished the pelletizing process, so imported varieties will be the last to get over here to the states.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #27
big supper
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

What I noticed, was that the amount of centennial available yesterday went up from the day before. Maybe they will release some more?

Old 11-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #28
Leeds1
Recipes 

I'm pissed I missed out on the Citra. I kept checking the site all day, hit refresh at 8:10 last night and they are sold out.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #29
Brutus Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by big supper View Post
What I noticed, was that the amount of centennial available yesterday went up from the day before. Maybe they will release some more?
There were more Cascades added last night also, around 4 PM eastern there was roughly 125 pounds and last night I noticed the quantity was around 600 pounds.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #30
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 477 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 266

No EKG this year/yet??

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Quick Reply