Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Hopps question - Target vs. Fuggle

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
jerryodom
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Hopps question - Target vs. Fuggle

Hi all. I'm fairly new to this and we're working on our third kit this afternoon. Well we've noticed that the hops name differ from those on the directions from Austin Home Brew. The hops requirement on the recipe states 1/2 oz. Kent Golding and 1 oz. Target. What we have is 1 oz. Kent Golding and 1 oz. Fuggle. I tried looking around to see if there was even a hop called Target with no luck.

Does the specification for 1 oz. Target mean the 1 oz. Fuggle or did they send me the wrong hop?

Last edited by jerryodom; 05-12-2007 at 09:54 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
Rookie
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryodom
Hi all. I'm fairly new to this and we're working on our third kit this afternoon. Well we've noticed that the hops name differ from those on the directions from Austin Home Brew. The hops requirement on the recipe states 1/2 oz. Kent Golding and 1 oz. Target. What we have is 1 oz. Kent Golding and 1 oz. Fuggle. I tried looking around to see if there was even a hop called Target with no luck.

Does the specification for 1 oz. Target mean the 1 oz. Fuggle or did they send me the wrong hop?

They sent you the wrong hop. Target is a good bittering hop, fuggles can also be used for bittering, but target is usually twice as high in AAs.
Use the other half of the goldings with the fuggles and a half oz. of any other hop you may have to get close to the IBUs of one oz. of target. Or you may have to go with what you got.

Rookie
"We all put the yeast in", Larry, Moe & Curley.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:48 AM   #3
AGBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

http://www.hopunion.com/hopunion-variety-databook.pdf
Take a look at this

Quick Reply