Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Honey questions!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
tdavisii
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Honey questions!!!

Im currently brewing An IPA. I thought i would do a little something and ad a little bit of honey. I added 10 oz. during the boil. I didnt add more cause ive never heard of anyone using honey in an ipa. However my grandpa keeps bees and ive grown up with an endless supply of some of the best honey you have ever had and its free.
Has anyone ever used honey in an IPA? If so what did it come out like? Also can a person use honey to prime and would it be a good idea?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
Cheesefood
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdavisii
Im currently brewing An IPA. I thought i would do a little something and ad a little bit of honey. I added 10 oz. during the boil. I didnt add more cause ive never heard of anyone using honey in an ipa. However my grandpa keeps bees and ive grown up with an endless supply of some of the best honey you have ever had and its free.
Has anyone ever used honey in an IPA? If so what did it come out like? Also can a person use honey to prime and would it be a good idea?
Forget adding honey to your beer, make some MEAD!!!
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply