Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > honey blond dry hop?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
blakelock
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default honey blond dry hop?

hey y'all,

i'm not a major hop-head but love to experiment so i'm going to separate 1 gallon of a 5 gallon batch of honey blond ale and dry hop it. the extract recipe basically started with light malt, rice sugar, and honey with very light hopping.

my question is, which hop would be better to dry hop with and about how much? i have cascade, saaz, and some very old kent goldings that iv'e kept in the fridge in a ziplock for ~1 year.

chers,
blakelock

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
Oldsock
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 190 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 115

I would go with the cascade, I think the citrus would compliment the honey well. Around .25 oz in 1 gallon should be plenty for a little aromatic boost. Good luck.

Check out The Mad Fermentationist for my adventures in fermentation and my book: American Sour Beers!

Old 06-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
blakelock
Recipes 

thanks for the advice!
it turns out that the zip-lock bag with the kent goldings has been open instead of sealed for the last ~year. i smelled them (no aroma at all) and tasted them (bitter with no floral at all) so i tossed them. i smell-compared the cascade and saaz and chose to put ~1/4 oz of cascade in the jug. i'll let you know how it turns out.

blakelock
_________

Quick Reply