Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Holy City Notorious P.I.G. Chocolate Clone

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2013, 01:43 AM   #1
Stephonovich
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Holy City Notorious P.I.G. Chocolate Clone

I visited Holy City today and grabbed a growler full of their Chocolate variety of Notorious P.I.G., their bacon porter. It's awesome stuff.

Here's their page about it. And, this is what I know about it:

Grains include Pale Malt, C20, C60, Munich, and Carafa II. Hops are Northern Brewer, with IBUs in the 20s. This all comes from the normal, non-chocolate version of the beer. Now, the ABV of the normal stuff is 5.5%. The chocolate version ups that to 6.2%, with no mention of different grains. Either they added more grain (chocolate malt comes to mind, of course, although they already add cocoa), or something else to up the fermentables. I'm thinking lactose, which would account for the smoothness.

This is what I threw together in Beersmith. Any thoughts?

7# 2 Row
1# Carafa II
1# C20
1# C60
1# Munich
0.5# Lactose
1 oz. Northern Brewer @ 60 Min
S-04

Mash @ 152 F for 60 Min

OG 1.060
FG 1.013
ABV 6.2%
27 IBUs

The website describes being dry, um, baconed with bacon and cocoa, so I'd come up with some way of doing that. Again, their website mentions that so long as your keg is drawing from the bottom, the fat should float on top and not affect head retention. The growler I got certainly has no problem foaming.

Kegged: Thunderstruck Pumpkin Ale, It's The End Of The World... Stout, Cider
Future: Alchemist Heady Topper Clone, Yooper's DFH 60 Minute Clone, Session Bitter

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply