High alcohol content recipe needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctanner

Reaction score
Hi all,

It's me again. The pumpkin ale is in the secondary and tastes mighty fine (if I do say so me own self). Since you guys have been such a great source of recipes so far I thought I would pose another request.

My brewing buddy wants to make a good tasting, high alcohol content brew for the coming winter months. I figured you guys might have a recipe or two to suggest. I'm not sure we are quite up to all-grain recipes yet, but we have done a couple partial mashes and some extracts and have had good luck with those.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers,
Chris

Jack The Knife, on this forum, had a recipe for something he calls 9lb. hammer. Sounds good, sounds strong.

9 lb. Hammer

3 lb. Dark LME
6 lb. Pale LME
10 HBU hops

I assume this is a standard 5 gallon batch. If you were to make it , say, 3 gallons, I bet it'd get up and pour you another one by itself.

A Belgian Trippel would be the way to go for a light beer. Of course if you like the dark side then might I suggest an Imperial Stout... it is the classic winter beer and usually has 8% or more ABV.

Back