Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Help With IPA Recipe LME

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 12:32 AM   #1
claytonh88
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Help With IPA Recipe LME

I am new to brewing ive tried the "true true kit" and i brew the IPA. My first goal was to make a IPA. at first i wasn't trying to make a colon of any particular beer, just trying to make a beer that is drinkable!!! Now i would like to make a better tasting IPA with LME using my own ingredients. I like a hoppy beer, my top choices are Good People IPA, Sweet Water IPA, MonkeyNaut IPA, Anything that has that good Citrus/ Grapefruit Flavor .. This is what i have as far a ingredents to use: Briess Gold Unhopped Liquid Malt Extract, and Amber LME, I have 1 pound of three diffrenet types of whole leaf hops, CTZ, Chinook, and Centennial. i have a source of grain local threw a brew shop but would like to buy in bulk if i can figure out what are the best grains to use for steeping. I think i can get a lot of the flavors i am wanting form dry hopping. Help with the order of hops and or witch hops to use for what Oh yea and the last batch i use i was using the White lab yeast and could tell a great change in taste any other tips and or recipise that you would like to share it would be a great help.. Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 12:36 AM   #2
nalidixic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonh88 View Post
I am new to brewing ive tried the "true true kit" and i brew the IPA. My first goal was to make a IPA. at first i wasn't trying to make a colon of any particular beer, just trying to make a beer that is drinkable!!! Now i would like to make a better tasting IPA with LME using my own ingredients. I like a hoppy beer, my top choices are Good People IPA, Sweet Water IPA, MonkeyNaut IPA, Anything that has that good Citrus/ Grapefruit Flavor .. This is what i have as far a ingredents to use: Briess Gold Unhopped Liquid Malt Extract, and Amber LME, I have 1 pound of three diffrenet types of whole leaf hops, CTZ, Chinook, and Centennial. i have a source of grain local threw a brew shop but would like to buy in bulk if i can figure out what are the best grains to use for steeping. I think i can get a lot of the flavors i am wanting form dry hopping. Help with the order of hops and or witch hops to use for what Oh yea and the last batch i use i was using the White lab yeast and could tell a great change in taste any other tips and or recipise that you would like to share it would be a great help.. Thanks
I can't offer much advice (and have a question just below yours) but you will probably have better luck if you format your wall of text :P Good luck!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply