New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Help with a Dark Belgian Recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #1
shotputman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Help with a Dark Belgian Recipe

Hey, I've received a sample of an experimental ale yeast from a local university that was harvested off of nectarines. I'm told that it's has characteristics of a champagne/saison type of yeast. So I want to do a small extract test batch 2-3 gallons and try to use some of my grains that I have lying around.

I have Belgian Pilsner, Caramunich, Crystal 40, Chocolate, Carafa II, and Caravienne.

I'm new to the recipe formulation game. I'm thinking something along the lines of a dark, boozy, belgian style to mask some of the (probable) champagney peppery esters of the yeast.

Y'all have any ideas using the stuff I already have?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply