Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Heavy Seas' Dubbel Cannon Clone

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Aunt_Ester
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Default Heavy Seas' Dubbel Cannon Clone

Heavy Seas released a "Belgian-Styled IPA" within the last year that is to die for.

Although the beer seems like a misnomer since it is neither hoppy nor pale, I am very interested in recreating the experience that the tangy Belgian yeast character lends unto itself. Furthermore, Heavy Seas' prowess to blend a high-gravity beer to taste like a session-ale highlights the balancing act that separates classic styles from the exaggerated caricatures of the industry.

Would anyone be willing to share or help me develop a clone recipe for this style? Certainly, there has to be more to it than brewing a pale ale with a trappist strain.

Love, Aunt Ester

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
TexasIPA
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I just had this last night in DC. A great beer. Wife loved it.

Got this from their web site
Style: Belgian Style IPA
ABV: 7.25%
IBUs: 45
Hops: Warrior, Simcoe, Amarillo, Palisade, Cascade, Centennial
Malts: 2-Row, Caramalt, Munich, Chocolate Malt

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply