Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Harvesting "Blanche de Chambly" Yeast for a witbier

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
gregdech
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Harvesting "Blanche de Chambly" Yeast for a witbier

I'm planning to make a witbier in the next couple of weeks and I was thinking of culturing/harvesting the yeast from a bottle of Blanche de Chambly (Unibroue, UNIBROUE - OUR BEERS PAGE) for this brew. Has anyone ever harvested this yeast and if so how did it turn out? Any thoughts on this? Am I totally out to lunch to even try this? Thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers,

Greg

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
Soumor
Recipes 

Sorry for you for not having any reply since, but I'm just in the process of doing that. I bought a dozen of those 341ml and harvested from 6 of them. It is now in a light DME starter since yesterday and seem to be well but slow, the airlock is not bubbleling yet but the level change a bit.

Is your experience went well ?

Old 01-07-2011, 04:43 AM   #3
kmbell
Recipes 

I just got back from Quebec and was considering doing the same for my next beer. Is there a good way to harvest yeast from lees?

Quick Reply