Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Guava flavor in widmer drifter pale ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
hollywoodbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Guava flavor in widmer drifter pale ale

I taste a very distinct guava flavor in this brew, and I would love to have this profile in my next pale ale. Does anyone know where this comes from?

On Deck: Wee Heavy, Special Bitter
Fermenting: Maibock
Conditioning: Pilsner 66, Pottsville Common
Drinking: Pilsner, West Coast IPA, Celebration Ale, Dunkel Very Much

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
dwarven_stout
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I get apricot and mango, but I know what you mean. The hops in it are Summit and Nelson Sauvin. The latter is difficult to impossible to get, depending on where you are, but Brewmaster's Warehouse had them last time I checked.

You might check http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/widm...le-ale-157228/, where we had a chat about cloning Drifter.

"I can't believe how many people think Air Lock is pronounced Hydrometer." -BigKahuna
"If you gave me a beer with placenta in it without telling me I would kick you in the nuts." -ODaniel
"We be in a big hurry for dope beer with much alcamahol and flavor, quality, balance, and aroma don't matter. We just wantz to be druck, u know?" -Yooper

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply