Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > grocery store brew supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
Gildog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default grocery store brew supplies

i live a ways away from my lhbs and im wondering, what ingredients can i get from my grocery store that i can use in brewing, aka will rolled oats work? regular rice, how about grains? most importantly a list of the different sugars, is corn syrup the same as corn sugar? and what about cane sugar?

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Ernest Hemmingway.

"He was a wise man who invented beer."
Plato.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joos View Post
Beer fairies help me out all the time.They sprinkle the magic stay awake till you pitch the yeast dust,and everything works out great.It's those damn THC gnomes that say NO! You must pass out and F up your beer!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2009, 04:23 AM   #2
McKBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 8

While this thread isn't totally along what you are looking for, there are some great tips on what ingredients can be found at grocery stores and specialty markets.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/gap-grocery-produce-beer-experiment-69313/

I've heard corn sugar (for bottling) is available at many health food stores as well.

Make Beer, Not War.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply