Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Green Flash Summer Saison Clone?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
glebeau
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Green Flash Summer Saison Clone?

I've been searching for a clone of Green Flash's Summer Saison, but thus far have come up empty. As my wife is really wanting me to brew a clone of this, I'm hoping someone here has attempted to re-create it.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
Oldsock
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 146 Times on 101 Posts
Likes Given: 74

"Our Summer Saison is a delicious golden farmhouse ale, brewed with orange peel, ginger, and grains of paradise. A very refreshing, Belgian-inspired summer ale."

The grist is probably pretty simple, pils and maybe some wheat. OG is probably 1.038 or so (good attenuation will get you up to 4.2% ABV). Moderate bitterness, light on the finishing hops. Add the spices near the end of the boil, go easy on them (just a few grams of each) you can always add more later.

You can try contacting the brewery to find out what yeast they use and any other details they are willing to share.

Check out The Mad Fermentationist for my adventures in fermentation and my book: American Sour Beers!

Old 05-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
glebeau
Recipes 

Thanks for the note, Oldsock. I'm assuming that a fairly standard Saison recipe will work (as you've outlined), plus the spices noted by GF. I'll contact the brewery to see what they'll share - I may try to stop in as they're fairly close to where I live.

Once I get some more information I'll take a crack at a recipe and post for comment.

Quick Reply