Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Got some ingredients to brew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
Koryb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Got some ingredients to brew

I am used to brewing with a kit, and having instructions for the process, however I got some ingredients from a friend and not totally sure on the proper steps. Here is what I got....

6 lbs of light lme
.5 lbs crystal 60l
.5 Carmel ( the two grains are mixed together)
2 1oz packs of hallertaur hops leaf
1 package of Irish moss.
One pack of wyeast 1056

I am not sure what times for each step, I noticed there is no candy sugar, is it needed? Any info is appreciated.

Kory

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
Kaz
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Do you know what kind of style its supposed to be? The grains will be steeped, toss them in a grain bag and steep them while your water heats up, pull them at 170F. Obviously boil the extracts then for 60 minutes. The hop schedule could vary depending you taste. Put the whole 2 oz in for 60 minutes and get more bitterness. Do an ounce at 60, .5oz at 30 and .5 oz at 15, that will give you more flavor and aroma. Add the Irish moss at 15 mins.

Draft 1: Lightly smoked Weizen
Draft 2: Belgian Wit
Draft 3: Rauchbier

Primary 1: German Scwarzbier
Primary 2:

On Deck: Belgian Brown Ale, Pale Ale, Stout

Old 04-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
Koryb
Recipes 

I believe he said it was an amber, would seem that way with the light extract. I figured the boil about right, but never worked with the Irish moss, you say put that in the boil at the last 15 min? and how long to steep, or pull it soon as it hits 170? I like your hop schedule think I will run with that. Thanks for the tips

Quick Reply