The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Give an all-grainer a great extract recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2009, 03:04 PM   #1
Oldsock
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Default Give an all-grainer a great extract recipe

I just got a kegging system, but I am short on time for the next few weeks. So I thought after four years of brewing pretty much nothing but all grain (aside from a few experimental 1 gallon partial mash recipes), it was time to brew an extract batch.

I'd like some suggestions for tried/proven extract recipes. I am considering the "standard" extract hefe (wheat extract to ~1.050, 12 IBUs of hallertau, 3068), but would be happy to brew anything that would be ready to keg in 2-3 weeks.

Check out The Mad Fermentationist for my adventures in fermentation and my book: American Sour Beers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2708 Times on 1627 Posts
Likes Given: 3483

The extract with grains version of my brown ale in the pulldown has been well received.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
Oldsock
Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
The extract with grains version of my brown ale in the pulldown has been well received.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I was looking for something a bit lower gravity (faster). Ended up brewing a hefe last night, (5.25 lbs of wheat DME, 2 oz of ~1.5% AA Spalt, WLP300). I also picked up ingredients for an extract single (6.6 lbs of pils LME, .5 lbs of sugar, WLP500).

Check out The Mad Fermentationist for my adventures in fermentation and my book: American Sour Beers!

Old 09-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
Bob
Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 36

The Mild in my drop-down seems to be going over well. Sorry I missed this a few days ago!

Bob

Brewmaster
Fort Christian Brewpub
St Croix, US Virgin Islands

Old 09-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4604 Times on 4299 Posts
Likes Given: 55

"Give an all-grainer a great extract recipe" and he'll brew for a day.

Show him the recipe database, and he'll brew for a lifetime.

Good to see you here brother.

Quick Reply