Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Galactic Blonde

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #11
JimTheHick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidrain23
The gravity finally settled down to within specifications 1.012 so I added the dry hops last night. 2 oz of galaxy and 1 oz of amarillo. Holy cow, I wanted to start nom'ing on the galaxy hops out of the bag- they smell amazing! I did have a quick question- the beer itself is a little hazy, I want to add some gelatin to clear it, but can I do this simultaneously while dry hopping without killing my flavor and aroma?
I've been giving 7 days dry hop then putting fermentor into ice bath for 3 days. Drops the hops, clears the beer pretty effectively.

I use a rubbermaid (like for moving). Put in the fermenter, fill with cold tap water to about halfway, then add two frozen gallon sealed jugs of water. I keep four jugs in rotation, changing morning/night. Gets the fermentor down to 45-50F. Of course it would be nice to have a fridge to put it in but this is the caveman way of doing it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #12
acidrain23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Just wanted to provide an update on this one- the beer came out great!

The beer pours a beautiful golden color, haze is gone if poured carefully. Head is thick but dissipates fairly quickly leaving some lacing on the glass. Aroma is great, tropical fruit/passionfruit character which segues into the more traditional belgiany flavor profile. Taste is a bit spicy (from the corriander and Saaz?), not sweet, a little tart with the phenolics. The slight tart edge reinforces the fruit flavors from the hops. Body is a bit thin, but it makes the beer very drinkable. Very happy with the way this one came out! Its also very unlike any beer I've had to date.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply