Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Fruit in kolsch

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
thesink
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Fruit in kolsch

I'll be making my annual 10 gallons of kolsch this spring. I'd like to split the last five up into two batches and add some fruit to one of them, maybe both. I've always thought raspberry would be a nice touch. Has anybody used fruit in their kolsch recipes? I've never used fruit in any beer (save from extract). Sounds like puree is the way to go, but I'm not even sure the amount I would need in a 3 gallon batch?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
billism
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

That is exactly what I'm doing. It's my first kolsch. I brewed 10 gallons this past Sunday. I am going to rack 5 gallons of it onto 4 or 5 lbs of cut frozen/thawed strawberries this next Sunday (assuming primary fermentation looks complete). The other 5 gallons will be without fruit. I am excited to do a comparison of the 2 finished products.

- Bill K.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply