Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Flavorings-Torani

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 03:00 AM   #1
HopSong
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Flavorings-Torani

I've seen Torani flavorings at coffee bars and other places. The syrups come in both standard and sugar free. They come in an absolute TON of different flavors.

I've read about brewers wanting to make Peanut Butter flavored beer. They have a peanut butter syrup. How about the different berry flavors.. or vanilla or... geez.. so many choices. My wife bought a bottle of the sugar free.. and she doesn't like the sugar substitute after taste.. but, I know a number of people that have tried it at different church coffee bars.

SOOOOOOOO, my question is... Has anyone tried any of these? They sound great and a large bottle is only about $4.50 at our local Smart and Final.. which is sort of like a restaurant supplier.

Sounds like a great experiment in the offing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 05:00 AM   #2
Boy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Flavoring aside, when it comes to syrup Torani is bottom of the barrel. If you do want to pursue this I would look at companies like Monin, or a local extract syrup maker.

One of the issues with most syrups is that people tend to taste more chemicals over the intended flavors. You could probably make something work fairly well at bottling time though by figuring out the right ratio for the flavor you want. I wouldn't be surprised if it added some sweetness or possibly offset your carb levels as a result.

Good Luck

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply