DarkUncle
Blockhead
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Flaked Oats

Hi guys,

I went shopping at my semi-local brew shop yesterday and forgot to purchase flaked oats for my oatmeal stout I wanted to brew today. Is it safe to say that the flaked oats used in beer brewing is the same as the Quaker whole grain oats found in the local supermarket in the oatmeal section? Or do I need to take another ride back for the flaked oats?

Thanks

“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
ACbrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 88 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Personally I use quick oats, not the regular ones. And others have posted that it is insane to buy at $$$$ oats from the lhbs when a container of quaker (or similar) costs $.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply