First All-Grain Recipe Help, Please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjung

Reaction score
Trying to put together my first all-grain recipe, using up what I have in stock. This is what I've come up with so far, grain-wise ;
7 lb. Marris Otter
1 lb. Vienna
1 lb. 2-row German Pilsner
1 lb. Wheat Malt
1/2 lb. Caramel 20L.
1/4 lb. Cara-Munich
I'm also going to use a washed Belgian Ale yeast, with hops yet to be determined, although I'm leaning toward Kent Gold and/or 1st Gold, or Hallertauer Trad./Willamette. I'm still learning about hops pairing/matching/usage so that is still up in the air.

Any suggestions or changes that I should make ? I'm really not concerned about style, etc. I ran the grains through BeerSmith, and I'm getting the color and ABV that I'm aiming for, but I'm more concerned with the final taste.

+1 on the grist; sounds yummy.

Me, I'd go with the First Gold / EKG combo. I like Goldings. :D I like Willamette, too, so it's a tough choice. But the pairing of 1G/EKG is made in heaven; 1G is a Goldings varietal (cultivated from WGV and a dwarf variety) bred for relatively high AA%.

Have fun!

Bob

Back