Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > First all grain batch

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
hoppylittleguy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default First all grain batch

Here we go!

I should be ready to start my first all-grain batch by the weekend. Supplies for my tun are acquired and I'm getting started on that today. Now for the recipe- I was looking for a hoppy (nothing too over-the-top) IPA or IIPA. As I said, it's my first all-grain batch so nothing too advanced. Also a higher ABV wouldn't hurt any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
hoppylittleguy
Recipes 

I didn't mean to limit myself here- if anyone has a good beginner all grain recipe IPA or not, that they want to share to an AG noob, I'd love to see it!

Old 12-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #3
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4636 Times on 3367 Posts
Likes Given: 909

My first AG recipe that I wrote myself is still my favorite! I'm making it today as a matter of fact! It's the DFH 60 clone that I have posted (look under my avatar at "recipes". It's simple, with a simple grain bill and lots of hops flavor, but still not over-the-top with bitterness. I don't know if you could find amarillo and simcoe hops, though!

Old 12-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
hoppylittleguy
Recipes 

I'll have to look... But I have a good feeling I'll be able to round some up. Also, that's perfect because DFH stopped distributing to RI years ago. Lucky Mass is just a hop, skip, and a jump away (no pun intended with the "hop")

Thank you very much!

Old 12-27-2011, 11:40 PM   #5
jonmohno
Recipes 

Liked 410 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 1206

Brew it,ive only heard good things about Yoopers recipes! DFh doesnt sell in my state either! Even though i drove miles to get some more, after a year and about a thousand beers later i would say its good but was a bit disapointed then i use to like that more than the 90 min,but now im into the 90 min,the bar for good beer is constantly being raised,constantly. Brew her house pale ale too,it looks awesome.

Quick Reply