.........is this a first?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
For those of you that hang on my every post............you have noticed that I FLY in the face of conventional wisdom on sanitation......

I had a keg kick, I subsequently left it, uncleaned in the basement for 2 months or so.

I recently racked into it, but not before smelling a vinegary FUNK in it........DAMMIT!!!!!!

I soaked it to the top with no rinse, dumped and racked my homegrown hop PA into it as a secondary.

On a whim, after 3 weeks or so, I opened it before sticking it into the fridge....It smelled FUNKY.

DOUBLE DAMMIT!!!!!!

So I hook it up to gas and fridge it, figuring to drink it all before it gets really bad.

It is delicious!

I figure the sanitizer killed the funk, but left some dead funk.

The tiniest hint of funk, takes this PA and makes it a Kolsch to rival schlafly's.

WTF????????

NO further funking.

Indeed, however, the "sour" didn't come through. And this is still Kolsch-like: clear as a bell (blonde) light hop note, ever so slightly sweet, and some note you can't quite put your finger on, but adds a complexity you can't help but like.

Oh well, WIN!

No, really, I would have if I had gotten that magic wand last fairy day, but now I am glad it is in there!!

More like:

WE GOT THE FUNK!!

Back