The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Festive brew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
neildytham
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Festive brew

So I'm making a festive beer, something similar to Jubelale (Deschutes).
I'm pretty set on the recipe, but wanted to add some figs and dates into the mix, for that kind of figgy pudding flavour. I have some Special B for raisiny taste, but also got 8oz of both dry figs and dates.
My thoughts are really about how to incorporate these, I've seen a few ideas:
-steep in whisky/vodka and add to secondary
-chop (or not) and boil them with some water and add secondary
-chop and add to last 5/10 mins of boil

Does anyone have any experience with using these or other dried fruits, or have an idea of how to best incorporate them?

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on amounts to use, that'd be great - I've read some places that 8oz has been too much for many people....

Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply