I did this on Tuesday and will be kegging it in a week or so.
I dont think i'll be doing anymore partial mashes if I can avoid it. I realized the reason for getting 'watery' brews was that I was shying away from collecting more wort thatn the 5.5 gallon capacity of my boiler. And then I was not spending long enough evaporating the excess water to get wort the required OG.
I already know what my next 'recipe' will look like but im gonna compile a complete tutorial at some stage to explain the finer details.
I tried a few swigs of this today as I transferred to secondary. No banana tones at all and the taste was very satisfying. If anything the hops is dead in the middle using 4.7% AA. Next time I may even be tempted to use 5% for extra richness. The black patent is hardly noticeable in this amount.