Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Dry or liquid yeast? Who has done side by side ferments??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
B-Dub
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Dry or liquid yeast? Who has done side by side ferments??

To piggy back on the post about big batches and yeast build up. I heard some great stuff about dry yeast for average brews.

What about side by side fermentations with the same wort? Does the dry CAL ALE (0-5?) really give you the same product? One guy said it was close but the hops were not as accentuated.

The dry vs. liquid debate for variety is hands down with liquid.

Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2008, 02:33 PM   #2
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

I've done Cal V/Nottingham comparisons and whenever a neutral fermentation is required, no one has been able to tell any difference. One guy claimed to be able to identify the Cal V batch, but he couldn't. Given three samples (two CalV), he was unable to pair them.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Last edited by david_42; 08-25-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply