Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Dry-Hopping an Ordinary Bitter?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
sundaybrewingco
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Dry-Hopping an Ordinary Bitter?

Hi all,
I am going to be brewing my first All-Grain batch this weekend, pretty stoked...

I created a nice recipe for an ordinary bitter. I am going to be using 3 oz of Goldings during the 90min boil (60/30/1min).. I was wondering if anyone has dry hopped a bitter and how it turned out? I was debating on dry hopping with Goldings.. yay/ney?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2010, 11:06 PM   #2
bierhaus15
Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Yeah, definitely. I do it all the time, though not for too long lest the hop aroma mask all the malt. I brew a special bitter that is dry hopped with goldings, turns out superb every time. If u want to see the recipe, just look in recipes under my name.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

Well, a bitter is just a pale without aroma or dry hops, so it should be fine.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:53 AM   #4
sundaybrewingco
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierhaus15 View Post
Yeah, definitely. I do it all the time, though not for too long lest the hop aroma mask all the malt. I brew a special bitter that is dry hopped with goldings, turns out superb every time. If u want to see the recipe, just look in recipes under my name.
I'm making a 5 gallon batch, what would be a good amount to dry hop? I was thinking 1 oz of whole leaf goldings. I don't want it to be too much.

Quick Reply